Post-Operative Instructions for Scaling and Root Planing
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER SCALING AND ROOT PLANING?
Due to the condition of your gums and the required treatment, sale you may expect some or all of the following:
- Your gums may be tender for 1 to 3 days following treatment.
- Due to the removal of plaque and tarter near the gingiva (gums), pilule your teeth may be slightly temperature sensitive.
- Please be aware that your cheek, cialis lip and possibly your tongue will be anesthetized. Do not bite your cheek, lip or tongue.
- Due to the possibility of your gums being tender, please refrain from eating hard foods for the first few days.
- Continue to maintain good oral hygiene (brushing and flossing).
** Good home care is essential to the healing and success of this procedure**
- Following treatment, using Peridex as prescribed will be helpful to the healing process.
- Some recession may develop as the gums become healthier and increase in firmness. This will uncover the periodontal pockets and better enable you to clean the surfaces of your teeth.