New Smile Protection Plan
Congratulations on your new and improved smile, order you look marvelous! We have done our best to provide you with the finest quality restorations available anywhere. You will have a short period of adjustment to the look and feel of your new smile. Everything will feel back to normal after a short time. Your continuing care and concern can help to assure optimum longevity.
Please follow these suggestions to maximize the life of your smile:
- To prevent fracturing your new restoration(s), tadalafil do not chew or bite into anything as hard as ice, shop popcorn kernels, hard candy or rib bones. Do not bite your fingernails, crack open pecans or crab claws, or try to open things (like a bag of chips) with your teeth. The force can crack a restoration or even natural enamel.
- Only use an ADA approved toothpaste with very low abrasiveness. Only use a soft toothbrush or Sonicare electric brush at least 2-3 times a day (one of these brushings should be for FOUR full minutes). Floss once a day before brushing.
- Neutral Sodium fluoride is the only home fluoride you should use. Stannous fluoride or Acidulated
Phosphate Fluoride (APF) are not recommended for bonding or porcelain.
- You should have a custom bite guard (CR splint) made. This helps avoid fracturing restorations while you sleep. It is quite easy and comfortable to sleep with for maximum protection.
- Do not pick at your restoration(s). You could pull open a small over-extension and shorten its longevity. If You feel a rough edge, please call for an adjustment appointment to have the edge properly polished.
- Avoid (or keep to a minimum) sugary foods or drinks as they can damage or weaken the bond to the tooth, and, of course, increase your chance of developing cavities.
- To prevent staining, try to avoid (or keep to a minimum) coffee, tea, tobacco, curry, dark soft drinks, grape juice, dark berries, molasses, and red wine.
- Regularly scheduled cleanings and exams at least twice a year are critical to maximize the life of your bonded restorations, as is the proper professional cleaning technique. Our staff is trained to provide you with effective cleaning that will not damage these restorations.
- If you comply with the above recommendations and your restoration(s) chips or fractures, we will repair it at no charge for a full year. This applies to “no fault” accidents. It does not cover abuse, auto or sports accidents, or lack of compliance with these instructions.
Potential problems can be prevented, or detected at an early stage, by having regularly scheduled re-care appointments to maximize the life of your new smile.